Youth Rookie Academy
The Youth Academy is designed for baseball players aged 7U-8U (Athletes age on April 30th of the baseball season determines age group) to introduce players to the beginning stages of comprehensive baseball training and a first touch into the competitive baseball world.
This training is at the core of the entire Sticks program. Training is the focus for all levels of the Iowa Sticks. Members of the Youth academy will be provided training by the high level coaching staff at all training and practice sessions. All academy members will participate in Developmental Training
- This training will take place at various locations including Sportsplex West in Waukee, Holiday Park in WDM, and potentially other local indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Early January – Late February Developmental training (one night per week, no activities over Holiday breaks).
- Late February – June (Two nights per week)
- Approximately 30-35 Training sessions during the course of the season.
2 Additional Areas of Participation
League Play - All members will participate in League play
- CBL Of Iowa and/or Walnut Creek Baseball League
- Inter – academy game
- Volunteer parents will coach during League games.
- 8U = Kid pitch, 7U = Coach pitch
Competitive Tournament Play
- Players are CHOSEN for this portion of the program by the Iowa Sticks Staff.
- Selections are based on data collected by the staff over the course of Developmental nights from Janurary - February.
Players chosen for the Tournament portion of the program information:
- Parent Volunteers will coach at the tournament games.
- Families only pay for the tournaments that they attend/are chosen for.
- Potential of up to 6 tournaments.
- Cost of Tournament play TBA