High School Prep Program
The Iowa Sticks have designed a premium high school prep program for 13U and 14U players that are serious about playing high school baseball. This program is based on our highly successful high school program and fills the need local high school coaches want to have prepared players.
The High School Prep Program off season portion consists of
- Bat Speed
- Arm strength
- Foot speed
- Overall baseball IQ
The program includes
- 40 one hour High School Enhancement Sessions
- 7 Individual Lessons
- 2 team practice a week beginning in late January
- Unique competition experiences consisting of invite only Perfect Game and Prep Baseball Report tournaments and leagues (additional fees required)
- Will also attend top USSSA tournaments (additional fees required)
OVERVIEW OF SESSIONS
High School Enhancement Sessions
- Players will be given their chosen High School Skills Sessions to use at their discretion throughout the season through Sportsplex West.
- High School Skill Sessions are one hour in length and will be offered throughout the week.
- You may enroll in any of the following programs with your HS Skills Sessions at your convenience
- Bat speed Enhancement
- Hitting Sessions
- Fielding Sessions with Fungo man
- D1 Training/Project 90 Long Toss/Velocity Enhancement Program
- Advanced Catching Enhancement
- D1 Training 60 yard dash Enhancement
Bat Speed Enhancement
1 hour bat speed enhancement sessions are offered weekly. The program consists of heavy bat, overload bat, underload bat, one handed bat and weighted batting gloves. The program will also incorporate med ball work to build strength in the players core which highly important to develop power.
Hitting Enhancement Sessions
Will consist of batting practice working on mechanics and getting reps.
Private Hitting/Pitching Lessons
If chosen, players will have private hitting or pitching lessons to work on the mechanics of their game. This is the best time of year to make changes to your game and develop the muscle memory need for it to translate to games in the spring. The ability to get a weekly lesson will be key to making the adjustments needed.
A throwing program designed to strengthen your arm and enhance throwing velocity. The program will consist of Pre-throwing arm exercises with bands, long toss and post-throwing program ran by D1 Sports Training
Fielding sessions on the brand new X-Grass turf where you will be able take game like ground ball from the incredible computer programmed Fungo Man. This machine is what the top colleges in the nation use to maximize reps with game like ground balls.
60 Yard Enhancement
Ran by D1 Sports Training the best and most comprehensive program to cut time off your 60 yard dash.
Players will receive 6 private lessons to use at their discretion, to work on pitching, hitting, catching, or fielding in a 1 on 1 setting
The Iowa Sticks Prep Program will compete in national and regional Perfect Game and Prep Baseball Report events and Leagues. This will give players an advantage as it will make them familiar with the High School format of games and the recruiting process for college earlier than anyone else. We will also attend the top USSSA events locally. The Iowa Sticks High School Prep Development Program will play in local USSSA and regional Perfect Game events appropriate to their skill level.
Practices will begin the last week of January and will meet 2 times a week until end of season. One practice will consist of bullpens/arm care and hitting, the other will be a traditional team style practice focusing on all aspects of the game.
2021 PARENT / PLAYER CONTRACT